The Age of Creation (or the Age of the Demiurge)Edit
In the beginning there was only the roiling chaos of pregnant nothingness. It slowly settled into the two slumbering Demiurges, the first immortals, reflected across a mirror of water. Above the waters, the High Demiurge awoke with a gasp and with her exhalation the first air breathed into the Cosmos. She surveyed the glassy waters with her sleeping brother below and became displeased with its emptiness. Reaching through the waters, she removed a great chunk from her brother’s face and shaped it into vast earthen realms that covered the surface of the waters. For the first aeon, the High Demiurge wandered her lands with delighted curiosity.
The Low Demiurge was roused by the sounds above and noticed the terrible gash left in his face. Furious, he clawed through the earth and attacked the High Demiurge. Their battle shattered the realms of earth and threw pieces far and wide. The land that remained was crushed into high mountains and cut open to reveal the oceans and rivers, lakes and seas. The energy of their conflict, or their fornications following it, gave life to the first god, the Protogenos, known in this age as Eros.
Eros brought love and peace between his creators and in turn the three bore four more children. The high earthern realms took breath and so Gaia, the earth, was brought forth. The low earthern realms took breath and so Tartaros, the underworld, was brought forth. The blustering skies took breath and so Ouranos, the sky, was brought forth. The shifting seas took breath and so Oceanos, the sea, was brought forth. The Protogenoi ruled over the budding realms below while the Demiurges oversaw the cosmos.
However, the Demiurges soon hungered and demanded sacrifices from their creations. The High Demiurge drank of the rich blood and ate of the hearty flesh of the beasts that flourished in the care of Gaia’s verdant lands. The Low Demiurge went hungry as Tartaros could not foster such life in the harsh blackness of the underworld. So he began to drink of the souls that would wander there, the dead from the lands above. Like a watery vortex, the souls were pulled into him and yet he hungered more. Tartaros traveled to his sister’s lands above to speak with the High Demiurge, who was angered by this. In her fury, she hurled the Low Demiurge into the void, and where he finally arrived was beyond even her reckoning.
Once her rage had subsided, the High Demiurge saw that the vortex of souls that the Low Demiurge had been drinking was continuing to swirl and draw itself down into a realm of roiling chaos. She could see this would consume the cosmos she held so dear if it were not balanced with an opposing force. And so, in spite of the Protogenoi’s protests, the High Demiurge gave up her conscious existence and formed herself into the High Moon, a solid sphere of divine bronze connected to Gaia by a spindle of unbreakable stone. With this, the vortex of souls stopped but a swirling gale in the underworld’s sky remained, the roiling fog of chaos still visible far above.
Far, far away the Low Demiurge landed with thundering weight into the flat face of the waters. He wandered through the endless waters, but became completely lost. Spitefully the demiurge decided to create his own race of gods who might bring him happiness. From his flesh he sculpted beautiful beings, his children. Their names were Ghauram, Aritrya, Vauyan, and Pariva. He closely reared them and forced them to perform for him. The Low Demiurge’s suffocating supervision of the gods caused the gods great distress and suffering, and so, while he slept on the surface of the waters, they executed their revenge upon him.
Tying him in place the gods anointed the Low Demiurge and sacrificed him. From that sacrifice in which everything was offered, the clarified butter was obtained, and they made it into those beasts who live in the air, in the forest, and in villages. From that sacrifice in which everything was offered, the verses and the chants were born, the metres were born, and the formulas were born. When they divided the Demiurge, into how many parts did they disperse him? What became of his mouth, what of his arms, what were his two thighs and his two feet called? His mouth was the brahmin, his arms the kshatriya, his thighs the vaishya and his feet the shudra. The moon was born from his mind; the sun was born from his eye. From his mouth came Ilwar and Agni, and from his vital breath the wind, Vyu, was born. From his navel the atmosphere was born; from his head the heaven appeared. From his two feet came the earth, and the regions of the sky from his ear. Thus they fashioned the worlds. There were seven, enclosing fire-sticks for him, and thrice seven fire-sticks when the gods, spreading the sacrifice, bound down the Demiurge as the sacrificial beast. With this sacrifice the gods sacrificed; these were the first dharmas.
- Age of Creation
- Creation of Gaia, Titans rule under Kronus
- Creation of Indus, Devas and Asuras battle for power
- Creation of the golden age of man and the first giants
- The first Rakshasas in Indus
- Founding of Morgeon(giant) and the Cyclopean exodus of Thassilon(cyclops), founding of Danav(rakshasa)
- Titanomachy, Zeus’ coup - exodus of Kemetian gods
- Creation of the silver age of man
- The arrival of Indos and the Vedimachy - sacking of Thassilon
- Creation of the bronze age of man and the first elves - Sixteen Mahajanapadas (great realms/elf&rakshasa) and Indi (elf) arise
- Heroic Age - Creation of the heroic age of man and the marble age of dwarves
- Panchala(elf), Kuru(elf), Kosala(elf), Videha(elf) kingdoms flourish in Indus
- Encephalization of the halfling islanders of Lanka, Yakkha(halfling) and Naga(halfling) tribes flourish
- Sumer(human), Kemet(human), Akkad(human) appear
- Akkad conquers Sumer, becomes Akkadian empire
- Aegean city-states(human) and Minoans(human) appear
- Prince Vijaya(rakshasa) travels to island of Lanka, befriends halflings
- Collapse of Akkadian empire, Assur(half-elf) and Babylon(human) appear
- Amazons(human) appear
- Hittites(human), Hurrians(human) and Rasna(dwarf) appear
- Mycenaean(human) civ rises to power
- Herakles born
- first Minotaur
- Babylon sacked by Hittites
- Indi conquered by Assur
- Gigantomachy - sacking of Morgeon
- Herakles deified
- Phoenicia(human) and Urartu(half-elf) appear
- Nanda empire(elf) begins conquests in Indus
- Invasions of the “sea peoples” - collapse of Mycenaean, Hittite and Hurrian civilizations
- Aegean Dark Age begins
- Carthage(human) founded
- Theravada founded
- Harrapa (half-elf) split from Assur
- Founding of Orma(dwarf)
- Kushite(human) rule of Kemet
- Invention of Western Alphabet
- Mauryan dynasty(elf) overtakes Nanda empire, Kalinga kingdom(elf) defies empire
- End of Aegean Dark Age
- Assur conquers Urartu
- Asterion(minotaur) founded at Crete
- King Ashoka brutally defeats Kalinga and becomes a Theravadin/pacifist
- Parsa(human & half-elf) flourish, Akhaemenid empire emerges???